Going to share experiences, tips and tricks on our constant search of the best version of ourselves, let's work on this journey together.
To find success in weight loss and fat loss during a ketogenic diet, you must maintain a ketosis state. But how do you know when your body has made the switch?
If you’ve experienced some of these common symptoms of a keto diet, your body may be trying to make the switch from carbs to ketones – allowing you to enter into a ketogenic state.
Due to an increased level of ketones (namely acetone) in the body, your breath may take on an unpleasant, somewhat fruity smell.
Rapid Weight Loss
During the first 1-2 weeks, your body will utilize reserve carbohydrates and water, which can lead to rapid short-term weight loss.
After 2-3 weeks on a ketogenic diet, many users will report a loss of appetite. The reason is unknown, but it may be due to increased lean proteins and high intakes of fibrous vegetables.
Higher Mental Clarity
Ketones are a very potent source of fuel for the brain. Many ketogenic dieters claim higher attention and mental clarity during states of ketosis.
Sometimes known as the keto-flu, during the first 2-3 weeks of a ketogenic diet you may feel sluggish, lethargic, and unmotivated.
Short-term Decrease in Performance
Until your body can properly metabolize and utilize ketones as fuel, it can be slow and sluggish. Take note of this in the first 2-3 weeks of a low-carb diet.
If you've tried to lose weight and failed, you probably think that it's a mighty difficult task to accomplish. Do you feel like you've tried every diet out there, and nothing works?
Don't give up! Achieving your weight loss goals might be easier than you think!
Small Changes = Big Results
As you've no doubt noticed, weight loss isn't a quick fix. You can't go on a two-week diet, lose the weight, and then think that the weight will stay off for good. Even if you're outstanding about following a diet at first, you'll more than likely gain the weight back.
It's because a two-week diet does nothing to alter your lifestyle. The best results come from changes that you incorporate into your daily life, and many of these changes aren't drastically different from what you do now.
You can even continue to enjoy the foods you love as long as you do so with a wise plan!
If you make a series of small changes, you'll give yourself a chance to get used to them one at a time. It won't seem like such a shock to your system when you introduce the changes gradually. Sooner than you think, you'll lose the weight and gain a healthy body and lifestyle that you desire!
Here are some weight loss tips for implementing into your new lifestyle:
Use low-fat milk. When you use low-fat milk, you'll still get the nutritional benefits of milk, but without all the fat grams. Try substituting skim, 1%, or soy milk in your cereal, coffee, and cooking.
Cut out soda. Soda is a big offender when it comes to empty calories. The best thing you can do for your body is to replace the soda you're drinking with water. Water is critical to your good health. It also helps fill you up and has zero calories, no matter how much you drink!
Start walking. If a regular exercise routine is challenging for you, strive to walk more often. Walking doesn't feel so much like real exercise, but it is, and you'll be rewarded for it. Park farther from the store, so you have to walk a little distance. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Go for an enjoyable walk with your neighbor. You can visit, catch up, and exercise all at the same time!
Watch your portion sizes. Portion sizes keep getting larger and larger. You may not even realize that you're consuming a portion that's much too large for you. Look up what a healthy portion size is for the meal you've chosen. You might be surprised at the results!
Have desserts sparingly. Save desserts for special occasions or times when you deserve a nice treat. Avoid eating them every day, or you'll be adding massive amounts of calories to your daily intake.
When it comes to weight loss, we often focus on diet and exercise and forget about the value of social support. Experts report that teaming up with others helps you enjoy the process and lose weight faster. See how a food buddy can help you take off excess pounds and live a healthier life.
Benefits of Having a Food Buddy
1. Share moral support. A weight loss buddy shows you that you're not alone. You provide each other with companionship, encouragement, and empathy.
2. Learn new skills. You may need a little help learning to eat healthily, or you may enjoy discovering fresh ingredients and techniques that add variety to your diet. Your food buddy can introduce you to exotic vegetables or a better way to cook quinoa.
3. Overcome personal obstacles. If you weigh more than you'd like, you probably have at least one pitfall that's been difficult to master on your own. Ask your partner for help with emotional eating or sticking to your diet while traveling.
4. Increase your chances of success. Most of all, collaborating with a food buddy boosts the odds that you'll shed excess pounds and keep them off. You'll both emerge as winners.
How to Choose a Food Buddy
1. Make new connections. You may need to look beyond your family and friends if they're snacking on chocolate cake while watching TV every evening. A different partner may be more effective.
2. Know where to search. On the other hand, recommendations from people you know are a great place to start. Ask if they know anyone who is trying to lose weight. Visit community organizations or weight loss websites. You may want someone close to home, or you might prefer chatting online.
3. Picture your ideal background. If you choose someone physically similar to you, you both can lose weight at a similar pace. Lifestyle is also a factor. If you're both single parents or have diabetes, you'll have more in common.
4. Identify essential traits. Personality also counts. Pick someone who shares your sense of humor or knows how to be discreet about telling you that you've eaten enough potato chips.
5. Clarify expectations. You're likely to be more compatible if you and your food buddy are both aiming to lose about the same number of pounds. State your goals in a written contract to make it official.
How to Work With a Food Buddy
1. Choose your communication style. Agree on the best way to stay in touch. You may prefer to face to face meetings or calls and texts.
2. Confirm your availability. Estimate how much time you can give to the partnership and the hours when you're reachable. Let your food buddy know if you're a night owl or take frequent business trips.
3. Share personal information. Knowledge helps you support each other. Talk about how you gained weight during pregnancy and whether you love to cook or eat out.
4. Listen carefully. Be generous with your attention. Take an interest in each other's lives and validate your hard work.
5. Set short and long term goals. Interim goals will boost your motivation while you head towards your ultimate weight target. Meet with your food buddy and talk about what you want to accomplish each week or month.
6. Plan for the future. Your food buddy may turn into a friend who will stick around for years. However, if you decide to part ways, express your gratitude and think about how you'll keep the weight off on your own.
Find a compatible food buddy and get started on your weight loss journey. You'll soon realize it's easier to stick to your diet when you connect with a partner going through the same weight struggles as you. You'll experience the satisfaction of reaching your weight loss goals while helping someone else achieve theirs as well.
“Thank you for all the motivation you guys provide, invaluable help and support when I needed the most”
“Having a Positive mindset is easier said than done, the road is so hard, however the plans, tips and the journey we share makes it easy when the anxiety and demotivation kicks in, love it!”
Eyesight is perhaps the most treasured and fragile of the human senses. Take care of your eyes and do all you can to protect this precious gift by preventing eye diseases and accidents.
Preventing Eye Diseases
1. Get regular eye exams. Early detection and treatment is vital to managing eye diseases that have no noticeable symptoms in the early stages. Eye exams can also help identify other health issues like diabetes.
2. Understand how aging affects your eyes. Vision deteriorates with age and we become more prone to eye disease, but by taking care of your eyes, you can help slow down or reverse this process. Early treatment can prevent or reverse vision loss from age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
3. Quit smoking. Smoking increases your risk for AMD and eye cancers. If you're finding it difficult to quit on your own, talk with your doctor to develop a cessation plan that will work for you.
4. Eat a balanced diet. Antioxidants like vitamins C and E help protect your eyes from some of the effects of aging. Eat your carrots plus lots of leafy green vegetables and fruits.
5. Shield your eyes from the sun. Your eyes need protection from the sun just as your skin does. Excessive exposure can cause cancer and cataracts. Wear sunglasses and hats year round.
6. Take care of other aspects of your health. Managing diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol levels are important for your eyes as well as your overall wellbeing. If you have any of these conditions, your doctor can instruct you on treatments and lifestyle changes.
Preventing Eyestrain and Injuries
1. Understand the myths about eyestrain. You can stop worrying that looking at your television or computer will ever make you go blind. Your eyes will just get tired and recover after a little rest. Still, you can minimize strain by wearing your eyeglasses as prescribed and taking frequent breaks.
2. Stay safe at work. Assess your work area for any potential hazards like heavy machinery that could be screened off. Use protective eyewear even if you're just passing through a location where injuries could occur.
3. Take precautions at home. Be careful around toxic chemicals, power tools and lawnmowers. Wear protective eyewear or keep a safe distance away. Remember lawnmowers can throw stones.
4. Protect your eyes during sports and recreational activities. Get the appropriate safety equipment for your favorite activities whether you need ski goggles or a baseball helmet with a face shield. Consider having your eyeglass prescription incorporated into your sports eye wear.
5. Teach your kids good safety habits. Eye injuries are most common among people under the age of 25. Discuss safety at home and ensure your child has the proper equipment at school for sports or woodworking class.
6. Select the right safety glasses. Safety glasses made with glass, plastic or polycarbonate lenses can all be designed to meet or exceed the requirements for their recommended uses. Polycarbonate lenses are often recommended because they're stronger and more impact resistant than glass or plastic.
7. Treat injuries immediately. All eye injuries should be examined by an ophthalmologist as soon as possible because the damage many not be immediately apparent. In case of chemical exposure, resist the natural urge to shut your eye. Flush with water and get immediate medical attention.
Good vision is important to your overall health and to living independently for as long as possible. Get regular eye exams and prevent eye injuries so you can continue seeing the people and things you love.
Vision loss, blurry vision, dry eyes, fatigue, and painful headaches, could be symptoms of something happening like Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma and Diabetic Retinopathy, which is associated with high blood sugar level and Diabates.
A new discovery has been leaking about the real root cause of slow metabolism and our inability to some degree to burn fat.
That stubborn fat that silently is been stored in our bodies, and is an endless dilemma for many of us, myself included.
Are you sick and tired that nothing changes no matter how much you workout, or starve yourself dieting?
Are you eating well and exercising, but not losing weight?
You may think you’re eating less, depriving yourself of your favorite foods, and working out. So why can’t you lose a single kilo? What’s going on with you?
There’s your lean friend who always seems to be attacking dessert. There’s the pencil-thin colleague who lunches on burgers the size of her head.
And then there’s you.
And then there's me, we all ask ourselves the above questions.
Scientifically proven and backed up by studies from Harvard, Cornell and the University of Buckingham, this is discovery is designed to address the real root cause of a slow metabolism.
An odd and exotic tropical fat dissolving loophole, a 100% natural solution that can help you out with your weight woes.
This Loophole attacks and dissolves that stubborn body fat from your hips, belly, underarms and thighs.
This exotic tropical loophole is getting popularity for the right reasons. It is FDA approved. It contains premium herbs inside, each with proven health benefits.
It works by changing the typical white fat to brown fat, also called brown adipose fat. The natural ingredients inside the loophole help in this conversion, and the body loses a lot of calories during this conversion.
Since making its original debut in late October 2021, has become one of the most sought supplements for burning fat and losing weight due to its exotic hack, tropical loophole and fat-dissolving formula that is made to target the one common denominator all overweight people share in common, low brown adipose tissue levels.
Studies from the Karolinska Institute in Sweden have confirmed that this exotic tropical loophole is 556% more powerful than exercise and 611% more powerful than any diet, especially in those over the age of 40. 234,200 women and men are already using this method every day to dissolve pounds of fat as they sleep.
From the small island of Ikaria, a new discovery has helped thousands of people lose weight around the world. Here are just a handful of our customers' experiences with unique formula.
That stubborn fat that silently is been stored in our bodies, and is an endless dilemma for many of us, myself included.
This exotic mediterranean shortcut is getting popularity for the right reasons. It is FDA approved. It contains premium herbs inside, each with proven health benefits.
A natural way to achieve better weight management and lose pound after pound.